Deeds in Maryland:
There are three normal types of deeds.
Quitcliam Deeds, General Warranty and Special Warranty
A deed requires several components to effectuate what it is meant to accomplish. A Deed usually contains the following components but not all of which are required for it to be effective.
- The date of the instrument
- A statement of what the instrument is...
- The grantors and marital status
- The grantees and marital status
- The consideration for the transfer or "cost"
- The transfer of the estate
- The quality of the estate
- The legal description
- The warranty
- The addendum
- The quality of tenancy of grantees
- The witness
- Signatures of the parties
- Certificate of Preparation
- Affidavit of residency by seller's